We offer comprehensive Psychiatric Services for children and adults at many of our Outpatient Clinics. These services include psychiatric
evaluations and medication management appointments. At Family Behavioral Resources (FBR), our Medical Team is led by our Medical Director, a psychiatrist with over 20 years working experience in the Mental Health field, and is comprised of a team of qualified, licensed Psychiatrists, Physicians Assistants, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, and Registered Nurses. In addition, we also offer Telepsychiatry services in an effort to reach more consumers with psychiatric and medication management needs.
- Provide comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluations to children and adult consumers, including Diagnostic Impression and a recommendation for Medication Management, if applicable
- Offer flexible, ongoing Medication Management appointments, in accordance with the recommendations and follow-up plan identified in the Psychiatric Evaluation
- Maintain continuity of care with service providers outside of FBR, including, but not limited to:
- Educational Services
- Social Services
- Community Services
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Services
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Services
- Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
- Ensure that all treatment staff stay up to date on the most effective medication treatments available by providing opportunities for internal training and psychoeducation
- Consumers will also be provided with ongoing psychoeducation related to the medication(s) they are prescribed, including goals of the medication(s), side effect(s), risk(s) associated with pregnancy, and potential drug reactions when combined with other prescription and non-prescription medications
- In addition to in-person Psychiatric services, we also offer Telepsychiatry services in seven counties (Bedford, Cambria, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Indiana, and Somerset)
- Telepsychiatry is a relatively new practice that has quickly expanded to many counties throughout Pennsylvania in an effort to ensure efficient access to Psychiatric services in outlying areas where these services may be otherwise difficult to obtain.
- Before you are able to receive Psychiatric services from one of our prescribers, you will need to complete a clinical Intake with an Outpatient Therapist – please call your nearest FBR Outpatient Clinic location to schedule this initial appointment
- After you have completed the Intake process and, if Medication Management services have been recommended, you can then be scheduled for a Psychiatric Evaluation (in person with a psychiatrist or via Telepsychiatry)
- This process may be expedited based on risk, diagnosis, or if there is a history of suicide attempts
- A Psychiatric Evaluation will be completed with one of our prescribers; medication will only be prescribed in an effort to assist with obtaining identified treatment outcomes, improving symptoms related to diagnosis, and to promote ecovery
- Our Medical Team reserves the right to refuse medication in accordance with best practice standards and agency policies and procedures
- Follow-up Medication Management appointments will be determined based on diagnosis and current symptoms
- It is FBR’s policy that consumers receive Psychiatric services in addition to Outpatient Therapeutic services, as research has shown that the combination of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and medication has led to a greater likelihood of symptom reduction and overall improvement of quality of life
To learn more about our Psychiatric services, please contact one of our 19 locations listed below.