Family Behavioral Resources offers psychological evaluations to existing consumers, as well as individuals and families who are seeking an initial evaluation. Our team of evaluators provides comprehensive evaluations that consist of direct observation, diagnostic assessments, and family and/or team input. Upon completion, our qualified evaluators will offer a diagnosis, if applicable, and recommend the individual and/or family for the appropriate level of service based on medical necessity. The Psychological Services team conducts a review of the recent research in EBT and use these findings to support prescriptions.
- Provide prescription which is tailored to each individual child based upon the child’s needs, diagnostic presentation, progress to date across all settings, and the family’s level of tolerance
- Prescriptions are administered to meet the “least restrictive” element of the CAASP principles
- Progress and/or regression are detailed within evaluations, citing evidence based clinical data
- Utilization of data review, as well as collaboration within the treatment team, to identify barriers and ascertain means to eliminate these barriers
- Recommendations for discharge, as well as the implementation of fade or titration plans are offered as appropriate
- The Psychological team is comprised of 10 team members; Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Postdoctoral Fellow, and Master’s Level Psychological Assistants; overseen by the Director of Psychological Services
- Clinical Supervision and oversight of Psychological Assistants includes a review of each consumer evaluated. Furthermore, supervision includes discussion of research that is consistent with the recovery model and is based on the most recent empirically established protocol
- The Psychological Services team remains small despite the company’s size, demonstrating the great care that goes into the selection of those members who are chosen by their education, talent, and experience
- The Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) as defined by the Bureau of Autism general guidelines are carefully considered for all evaluations.
- Recommendations for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) are made when clinically indicated
- The Psychological Services team actively considers making recommendations for further clinical investigation via psychological testing and
psychiatric consultation as indicated
- Strategies, as well as services, that lay outside of the framework or scope of BHRS
are actively considered by the team and recommended based on the needs of the consumer
- Ancillary recommendations can be derived from the evaluator’s clinical supervision on an ongoing basis
- The evaluator actively participates in the Interagency Service Planning
Team meeting (ISPT) for the consumer. Family Behavioral Resources finds it very important to include the whole team in the evaluation/ISPT
process. The evaluator’s participation is valuable to discuss and support their recommendations and medical necessity. Psychological
evaluators from Family Behavioral Resources take their role as an advocate for your family very seriously
To learn more about our Psychological services, please contact one of our 15 locations listed below.